Tuesday, 21 October 2008

My logo design developed in to the word Viola which turned in to geometric shapes which has taken the form of symbols used when using a recording or film device, such as play rewind and most importantly to connect to my artist record.
I like my logo design and find it connects to my artist and his work well, although my idea for the logo was achieved from looking and experimenting with drawings of chairs I find the object aspect has been removed from the final piece too much.
A solution to this is for me to combine this with one of my original ideas /proposal, which was to use Bill Violas method of looking at the environment and how or what it does and means to the human and everyday experiences. I used my object to explore this. The format would be an installation for the public to experience. I was unable to realise this so created a line drawing, (like the instruction and self assemble packs I have looked at) to suggest how it would be laid out. I also created a short film to give a visual example and an example of how sound would be used in the installation.The final piece had to combine all of this as well as my logo, so I decided to create a dvd package containing the short film with my logo design on, with the drawing and installation proposal inside.





No comments:

Followers